Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ole Ole Bandung....


Move over, Spice Girls! The Golden Gals have arrived (L to R: Audi, Winnie, Nori)!

We thought we would be playing golf in glorious weather...but alas, we actually brought the rain from Malaysia to Bandung. A group of die-hard golfers, Danny (sorry folks! I promised him I'd conceal his TRUE identity), Audi, Winnie and I made a golfing trip to Bandung from November 4 - 7, 2008.

It rained all day till late night on the day we arrived so our plans for golf on Day 1 were dashed...like dust being washed away by rain. There was nothing left to do except to hit the rows and rows of shops selling designer labels (seconds) for which Bandung is famous. Alas, again, luck was not with me for I could not find anything that fits....those teeny, weeny, t-shirts would only fit the most sculpted body, but my friend Winnie, who wears size XS, had a field day! Audi was also able to find some t-shirts that fit after rummaging through the pile of clothes on display but I did not even bother to try...as it would only dampen my mood which was already dampened by the rain.

Moulin Rouge in Bandung? Rain or shine, girls just wanna have fun!

At Mountain View Golf Resort (with Danny)

On Day 2 we played at Giri Gahana which is located in a dramatically impressive landscape. We could only complete 16 holes as it started to rain by noon. On Day 3, it was golf at Mountain View Resort...we also managed only 16 holes because it rained again - this time around 11am! After a quick lunch, it was back to the hotel to catch up on much-needed rest and later in the evening Audi and I had a massage at Roger's Spa to soothe those tired muscles while Winnie surveyed the shops - again!

After the massage....a healthy meal!

The "raison primordiale" - Why Malaysian men find Indonesia a to-die-for golf destination! "Kurang Kras Pak!"

Rain aside, we still had a good time as seen from the accompanying photos!

No comments: