




While driving on the Duke Highway from Damansara towards Hulu Kelang yesterday evening in a light drizzle, I must have fallen asleep for a split second at the wheel. Suddenly, I felt the car hit something and started to go out of control. I felt like my head was going down and after what seemed like an eternity of being thrown around, the car came to a crashing halt on the railing that separates the road from the lane on my left.
Thankfully, the car did not land on its side. The passenger door was not jammed and I could get out and miraculously, I was unscathed expect for a slight pain on my shoulders and being badly shaken. Highway officials and some passers-by came to my rescue. They helped me away from the vehicle as petrol had leaked out and they also helped to gather my belongings that were strewn all over. They were kind enough to return my wallet and a pair of diamond ear-rings (that I had placed in my handbag, which was unzipped when the incident happened).
One of the passers-by insisted that he take me to a hospital for checkup but I wanted to make sure the car is towed away by a company which is approved by AAM. I called AAM for a tow truck which came in about half an hour and the representative from the workshop explained to me what needed to be done. In the meantime, I called Nash to come and take me home. Nash also suggested I see a doctor but since I felt fine, all I wanted to do was get home. After resting at home for about an hour, the workshop representative took me to Jalan Bandar Police Station to make a police report for insurance claim purposes. The repair is estimated to take about a month.
The moral of the story….DO NOT DRIVE IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION. Please heed the warning labels on medicines about driving when under medication. I thought I felt fine to drive but I was overcome by drowsiness while I was on the highway. Since I was on a highway, there was no place to stop. ALWAYS HAVE YOUR SEAT BELTS SECURED, EVEN IF YOU ARE A PASSENGER IN THE BACK SEAT….it saved me from being thrown out of the car.
I thank Allah the Almighty for protecting me and that I came out unscathed except for being badly shaken by the experience. I am also thankful that no other cars or motorcyclists were involved in the accident.
This morning, I performed special prayers as a gesture of appreciation for being saved (Solat Sunat Syukur) and I also prayed for avoidance of any further misfortunes (Solat Sunat Tolak Bala). Next Thursday night, I plan to have thanksgiving prayers (doa selamat) at a mosque. The prayers will be conducted on my behalf by the Imam of the mosque...Insyaallah!
3 comments:
Ya Allah Nori, syukur you're ok...
I am so sorry to read about your unfortunate accident. Syukur alhamdulillah you are all right. Stay safe and healthy my friend.
Thank you friends for your comments...Alhamdullillah, I am fine...masih diduga dalam hidup ini...tapi, saya redha dengan ketentuanNya!
Post a Comment