Saturday, July 18, 2009

TGIF (July 17, 2009)!


(L to R): Hasnah, Siti, Nori, Hasnah McCauley, Asmah, Norainon
Hi tea at Halaman, Seri Melayu...

We have all worked (or are currently working) for the same company. Some of us have retired, some are pursuing other interests and some have gone to live in the far corners of the world. But we all shared one thing in common....we cherished the years we spent together and this weekend, we decided to get together with Hasnah McCauley who is on vacation from Nigeria where hubby Keith is assigned. This was a chance to reminisce, catch up on what's happening in each other's lives and just to connect.

Siti, Hasnah McCauley

Thanikka Kittiasak from Bangkok is also in town for a meeting. I became friends with Thanikka many years ago when she was assigned to Kuala Lumpur for 2 years. We played a lot of golf together and since we are both single, we were frequently together. Asmah and I left the party for a while to pick up Thanikka at KL Hilton. We enjoyed a brief chat at the hotel before bringing her into town to join the girls for a night out.



It started at 4.15 pm with teh tarik at Halaman, Seri Melayu, Jalan Conlay and dragged on to Royale Chulan to enjoy a performance by The Alleycats...ending with nasi lemak and karaoke at Ana's and David Dzul's into the wee hours of the morning.

The Three Degrees....When Will I See U Again?

Julie, Nori

Ana, Abbi

Sekuntum Mawar Merah....Sebuah Puisi


Got A Black Magic Woman....Santana Time!!!

(L to R): Thanikka, Abbi, Nori, Ana, Hasnah, Hasnah McCauley, Norainon, Asmah

Boogie Nite....

It's been a long time since I had so much fun...and luckily, I was still able to wake up in time for a 9.40 am golf game today! Phew...I keep forgetting I am not as young as I used to be....the mind is willing but the body is aching!!!


Dancing ala "Pertama Cabaret" nyonya!!!

Thank you Norainon for organizing a great evening....it was a nostalgic reunion....we are all older now but still enjoying life...can't ask for more!

No comments: