I first saw baby Nur Delisya Qaisara as a cute, little, bub snoozing in the nursery with a smile on her face. She looked so serene and she smiled occasionally – as if happy to be born. The nursery is located near the entrance of Wad Baldu so one cannot help but look in to see the babies enjoying their first hours or days of being born.
Looking at their tiny fingers with ‘lil white, nails, I am filled with awe at the power of the Creator. These ‘lil bubs were mostly well behaved – they did not bawl their heads off like some others born earlier.
The pure look of innocence on their faces evoked strong feelings of repulsion in me at the thought of abandoned babies…abandoned in trash cans, stuffed into bags and flushed down toilets. I wonder how two people called a man and woman could be so twisted that they are willing to sacrifice a life that never asked to be born.
As responsible citizens, it is our social responsibility to offer to help women who are pregnant out of wedlock. If they are Malaysians, I suggest they be referred to Women's Aid Organization, refer to my post dated May 31, 2009 on the subject of “Violence Against Women”. If they are foreigners (e.g your neighbour’s maid), report to their embassy and let them take over. You are not being “kaypochee” (busy body) if you intervene; you are being socially responsible.
To baby Delisya, Nan Nori say “welcome to this place called Earth”…it is imperfect, but we will try to make it a little better.
To proud first-time parents Azam and Awin….I wasn’t kidding when I said your lives have changed from the day of Delisya’s birth to at least 24 years down the road. But the joys of parenting will make the years seem to fly. Enjoy your ‘lil Lisya while you can!
Looking at their tiny fingers with ‘lil white, nails, I am filled with awe at the power of the Creator. These ‘lil bubs were mostly well behaved – they did not bawl their heads off like some others born earlier.
The pure look of innocence on their faces evoked strong feelings of repulsion in me at the thought of abandoned babies…abandoned in trash cans, stuffed into bags and flushed down toilets. I wonder how two people called a man and woman could be so twisted that they are willing to sacrifice a life that never asked to be born.
As responsible citizens, it is our social responsibility to offer to help women who are pregnant out of wedlock. If they are Malaysians, I suggest they be referred to Women's Aid Organization, refer to my post dated May 31, 2009 on the subject of “Violence Against Women”. If they are foreigners (e.g your neighbour’s maid), report to their embassy and let them take over. You are not being “kaypochee” (busy body) if you intervene; you are being socially responsible.
To baby Delisya, Nan Nori say “welcome to this place called Earth”…it is imperfect, but we will try to make it a little better.
To proud first-time parents Azam and Awin….I wasn’t kidding when I said your lives have changed from the day of Delisya’s birth to at least 24 years down the road. But the joys of parenting will make the years seem to fly. Enjoy your ‘lil Lisya while you can!
Good luck Azam & Awin!

3 comments:
Hi Sis,sorry for the late reply, just finished my pantang.Baru lah rasa lega sikit sbb Delisya dah kurang meragam. Ni yang baru berkesempatan nak check your blog and my mails. Anyway sis, pls do keep in touch yerr. You can add me in your FB at this add: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=805327087
Gambar Delisyapun ada kat situ. Ok sis. Salam syg from me, azam & Delisya.
Or u can find awienz rashid and kmangz azam. see u in fb
Salam kak...ingat saya lagi Awien N Azam.....Lama kita org try to look for you and at last terpandang blog akak ni kat googles....
How are u kak...Delisya dah 5 thn dah skrg ,...see times goes very fast...dah 5 thn dah kan kita tak berhubung....Lisya dah ada one more adik..girl gak. Her name is Nur Dalia Qaireena and she is 3 + yrs old....please do contact us back yer kak...hope to hear from u soon.
Post a Comment