Since I have so much time on my hands recuperating at home, I decided to take a look into my shoe cabinets to see if my golf are shoes are ok....you know, in this climate, mildew tends to set in when the shoes are not used or aired regularly. Siti has done a good job airing them every 3 weeks or so, but the truth is, I miss wearing them lah!
I have a weakness for all kinds of shoes from a young age (no feet fetish, ok?). During my working years, it was heels, heels, heels....but since I don't wear them anymore, it is now golf shoes or casual shoes. I buy most of my golf shoes from US online stores as they carry a wide range of sizes (mine is 8W) and designs. Although it costs slightly more than those available locally after conversion, shipment and taxes, they are worth it 'coz some of their designs are not available locally.
I do buy golf shoes locally and when I do, I usually don't take them out of my car or mum will "bising" (make noise) that the shoe cabinets are overflowing with my golf shoes. I will only take them out after wearing so that they don't look "new". My friend Winnie shares the same problem - becoz we both live with mum lor!
Mum does not understand why I need to have 19 pairs of golf shoes; to her it is a sinful waste of money that can be used for other more useful purposes (like saving for that rainy day)! But mum, when we depart this world, we only take with us our "kain kapan" (funeral shroud in which Muslims are buried) so let me enjoy the fruits of my labor while I still can!
No comments:
Post a Comment