Friday, June 19, 2009

HUKM Nursing Staff - Wad Baldu



(L to R): Shu, Puan Suhaila (Ketua Jururawat - KJ), Sal

Today, I am discharged from HUKM - the place I have called "home" for the past 35 days. When I was first admitted into HUKM, I was surprised that the doctors and nursing staff were sooo young (well, when you have reached retirement age like me, anyone who is still employed has to be young)! I was not quite comfortable at first - I was like "do they know what they are doing? So young lor....how much experience can they have"?


Suzy & Sal

Abidah
Ati & Sumithra

Now, after being here for more than month, I must say I am ashamed to have entertained such doubts in my mind. The nursing staff, all young enough to be my children (how depressing...no wonder Lexapro doesn't work anymore!), are very knowledgeable and efficient in doing whatever they had to do - like dressing wound (Aquacel), bathing/feeding babies, rattling off the names of every plaster, gauze and even my medical condition!


(Seated): Mariani (Standing L to R): Sal & Suzy


Aduh! Come' Lote! Wan & Shu

I am one who is very curious so every time a nurse dressed my wound, I asked questions and wrote things down. For example, I learnt what slough and serous were...and terms like laparatomy, hepatobiliary peritonitis, etc...etc.

These young 'uns have to put up with my screaming (when Prof Razman gave me the most painful injection that I could remember - right into my raw wound), constantly wanting attention for all kinds of things (bugs in room, nebulizer, oxygen, stilnox, arcoxia, etc.). They were always so cheerful, patient, encouraging, funny (especially Yusmarini - below) and were always there for me.

Yusmarini

Sathiya

With these pics, I would like to introduce and acknowledge all the nursing staff in Wad Baldu who had been in contact with me during my stay. I believe I have not left out anyone but if I did, I apologise....I can still take your pic when I return July 13 ok? I know there were times when I may seem unreasonable, but it's hard to stay calm when one is grappling with so many issues. I apologise if I have said anything that may have hurt anyone! Puan Suhaila, syabas! You have a fine team of dedicated and well-trained nurses!


Fairuz

I managed to catch S/Ns Sal and Abid on camera expertly bathing and dressing up their respective charges - a day-old and three-day old babies. Here are some pics!

S/N Salha With 1-day old Baby


Grrrr...I am cold....get me dressed quickly!


Hey Sal! You look kinda familiar....have we met before?

All dressed up and nowhere to go (story of my life babe)!

S/N Abidah & 3 day-old Baby


Aahggggh....water very cold one lah nurse!


Now it's nice n warm!
Hmmm....I luv having someone groom my hair!

No comments: